Re: PC weirdness

As strange as this sounds, many times this will fix this type of problem --

Power-down the system, then take the cover off the PC box.  Re-seat all the
peripheral cards in all of the slots by loosening the fastening screw and
rocking (back-and-forth) the cards in each slot.

Likewise, rock each connector on the mother-board back-and-forth (gently),
as well as the opposite end of each connector where it enters the Hard
Drive(s), Floppy Drive, CD-Drive, etc.

Various connectors sometimes lose their ability to make 100% contact that
is needed to remain fully operational.  This type of "fix" cleans the
contacts for all the cards and connectors.