Specialty Mutual Funds

Hello Omega List,

I’ve developed a few long term Bond and S&P systems that I’m considering
trading with a small % of my Roth IRA.
Since trading futures in an IRA is not an option, I’ve done a bunch of
testing with Mutual Funds (mostly Rydex) and trust stocks like the QQQ &
SPX.

For the S&P systems I have, I could (and have) just trade(d) the SPX.
But the idea of trading a leveraged fund like Rydex’s Titan (which
consistently applies leverage to increase the fund's exposure to 200% of
the S & P 500 Index) is pretty interesting. The only problem is that the
minimum initial investment is $25,000.00, which is more than what I
would want to expose my IRA to.

For the Bonds, I have yet to find a Mutual fund that matches the
performance of the 30 year T-Bond, much less one that leverages the
returns 200%, with a minimum initial investment of less than $25,000.00.

If anyone knows of a fund / or funds that leverage the exposure to the
S&P or 30 year Bond and also have a minimum initial investment in the
$5000.00 range or lower I'd love to hear about them. If anyone has
experience in trading an IRA in this manner I'd be interested to hear
any general thoughts as well.

Thanks in advance,

-Lance Fisher