Re: coding of Williams PRO-GO Indicator ?

  • To: marika11@xxxxxxxxx (marika11)
  • Subject: Re: coding of Williams PRO-GO Indicator ?
  • From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alex Matulich)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:11:35 -0800

>thanks for Your help; I haven't EMA function and so it doesn't work to me.
>Could You post EMA function please?

Sorry, I thought that was included in the TS package.  I guess it's
something I added.  Here it is:

{Exponential Moving Average (EMA)}
Inputs: lastvalue(NumericSimple), newdata(NumericSimple), length(NumericSimple);
Variables: w(0);
w = (2/(length+1));
EMA = newdata*w + lastvalue*(1-w);

That's it.  The EMA approximates the Avg() function but is faster to
calculate, and for the purposes of ProGo and other indicators, the
results from using it instead of Avg() are virtually indistinguishable.

--
//  \
//___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com