problems with locked indicators

Hello everyone,

I had a free 30 day trial of an indicator about 6
months ago on my old 2000i. I did not buy the
indicator after the free trial so I assumed the
indicator was locked and I would not be able to use it
again. Since then, I have got a new version of 2000i
which is prosuite. I tried installing the indicator
from the original email that the free trial sent me,
just to see if it worked, just for fun. And as
expected it did not work. Ok, now here is the problem:
Just the other day, I found a friend of mine who
actually purchased the indicator from the vendor and I
bought it from my friend at a discount. I tried
installing it, and the warning/ error windows popped
up when installing that stated something like ...such
and such indicator already exists, do you want to
replace it?...I answered yes to all and then when
finished ...I tried inserting the indicators and
nothing worked? I would have thought that the lock or
code would have overwritten my trial lock or code, but
I am not too familair on how this works. When I asked
my friend about this , he did tell me that he had to
give his customer number to the vendor. So does this
mean that there is no way to get it to work on my new
2000i? I would appreciate if someone could help me
here. Thanks.

Todd