RE: TradeStation & VantagePoint

I spent a lot of time with this last year as I was seriously considering
purchasing several of the Vantage Point index models. I believe in the
promise of neural net software and hoped that Vantage Point could save me
the 6 to 12 months learning curve required to build effective models with a
package such as the one from BioComp systems.

I had the salesman email me historical predictive output from several of the
index models. The predictions were all out of sample. I tested the various
indicator outputs in Excel and Tradestation and found no predictive value. I
worked with the data over a period of several weeks. The salesman was nice
enough to increase the historical depth of the data as well as send me
software output for additional indices. Nothing seemed to work for me. I
recommend that anyone considering purchase of this product perform the same
test for themselves in conjunction with their own algorithms they are
looking to improve. Only purchase the software if you have some success.

Louis Mendelsohn wrote a 100 page book "Trend Forecasting with Technical
Analysis" which describes the thesis that the software is based on (at the
5000 foot level). Reads great, but the software output did not live up to
the promise of the book, at least for me.

Mike