Re: NQ QQQ ratio

At 9:37 AM -0600 1/16/02, Ernie Bonugli wrote:

>I have found that using a rigid multiplier will not cut it.  My signals
>are generated from $NDX and orders are generated for QQQ.   I
>dynamically calculate this factor for my limit or stop price.  That is
>something like this:
>
>MyBPValue = 1/(close/(close of data2))
>
>where close is NDX and close of data2 is QQQ.

The ratio of NDX to QQQ is supposed to be 40 but does vary some. The
original question was about NQ so you get the NQ to NDX "fair value"
premium in the equation.

You might have better luck if you smooth this with something like an
XAverage. The ratio tends to be a little noisy and when using NQ,
would include the "fair value" premium, which doesn't change rapidly.

Bob Fulks