Re: Re[2]: Popular Searches- Microsoft Pop-up

Hello Jim,

--- Jim Johnson <jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Alan,
>
> I agree Opera is a superior product in terms of
> functionality but v6.0
> continues to freeze up on my machine virtually
> everyday.  I actually
> put in in moth balls for awhiile.  Doesn't seem to
> be fully ready for
> prime time.

Sorry to hear about this problem. I have had only one
problem so far with Opera. Somehow the Opera6.ini got
corrupted and no windows would open. An un/reinstall
fixed the hang up. I now have a backup copy of my
opera6.ini just incase this happens again. So far it
was just a fantom problem. Also,I have some friends as
well as my father, that run Opera6 no problems on PC.

BTW: Did you first install of the Sun Java runtime
files? They have a full insall w/Java that gives the
option to install Java runtime. This must be installed
first one time install only if you do not alreay have
them. If not installed, I am sure Opra might choke on
java applets.

Once you have installed Java runtime you wont need too
again and the installation file  Without Java is only
3.2 MB for upgrades :-).

Alan C.