RE: How do I get a good symbol list on globalserver or Radarscreen?

  • To: Dean DiCarlo <junkmayl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: How do I get a good symbol list on globalserver or Radarscreen?
  • From: Jack Griffin <jack_2231@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:56:58 -0800

Yes, two people responded, but they didn't help with
the underlying problems.  There are really three
problems and only two solutions I have found thus far.
 Here I will review them and cc the list for the
benefit of the them as well.

First, the Radar screen lists are trivial to manage.
All you need to do is go to the custom symbols
directory and edit the cls files.  They are just Ascii
so it is easy to create them using Microsoft Excel.

Second, to import more than 500 symbols at a time into
the Radarscreen from the global server, you can just
do it one letter at a time.  There are 26 letters.

Third problem is to manage lists of symbols on the
global server.  The only way I know of to do this is
by importing an xpo file from someone who has entered
each symbol by hand.  Nobody responded offering help
with this so I am just having a huge list of symbols
in the global server (which slows it down and is not
ideal), but works.  If someone were to upload, say,
xpo files of all optionable stocks, sp500 stocks, etc.
containing only 1 days worth of daily data (no
intraday data, etc.) to traders2traders.com that would
solve this last problem for us.

Hope this helps.

P.S.  Lists of stocks can be found on the cboe web
page, although not in an easy format.

Jack