Multiple Data Streams

I'm hoping someone can jog my memory here; I'm sure the subject has been
covered before, but I just can't track down the answer. Please jog my memory!

In addition to a primary ASCII data stream for Date/O/H/L/C/V data, I also
have text files of data which correlate to this data but are NOT of the type
O/H/L/C/V data. I have succeeded in getting my Data 1 to plot properly
using ASCII data, but I would like to be able to reference these
additional correlated separate data fields in other text files in my EL
Code as Data 2 or
Data 3, etc.(or whatever). Seems like I should be able to do this, but from
what I can see, so far, using ASCII data, EL will only allow Data/O/H/L/C/V
type data. Since I have complete control over the formatting of the data in
these text files, the only solution I've come up with so far, is to name my
correlated data under the headings of O/H/L/C/V in the text file, even
though this is not what they are. Don't care about plotting the additional
data, just about acting upon it in EL. This is all I've come up with so
far. Am sure I'm completely missing the boat. Can someone steer me in the
right direction??

James