RE: NEW ERA

Some are saying that people have left the stock market but the expected
indicators that this is happening aren't there.  There must be some outflow
as inexperienced traders lost in the bear but there must be influx too.
Otherwise, I would expect to see more daytrading firms closing up shop which
isn't happening.  I would say there are significantly more brokers around
than at the start of the big bull, say 1995.  The specialty daytrading firms
are still there too.  Firms like MBTrading, Cybertrader (which has the
pockets of Schwab to back it up), Datek, Scottrade, et. al.  Just go to
Yahoo and do a search for "daytrading brokers" and look at all of them that
pop up.  Also the daytrading boutiques in my area are still in business.
The majority of the formed during 95-2000 bull.  If the daytrading business
was drying up then you would expect brokerages that serve these clients to
dry up to. A quick glance through Active Trader magazine or TASC will tell
you that most brokers that service the daytrading market are still around
today -- even after the brunt of the bear -- and quite possibly thriving.
You would also expect education sites like Pristine.com and
Undergroundtrader.com to dry up but they haven't.  So I think that while
obviously some outflux has happened, a significant portion of the traders
that came to the markets in the bull tidal wave have remained.

I think that Omega thought TS would help differentiate itself from an
already very crowded brokerage market and that that would be enough to draw
active traders into their brokerage.  I think it was a mistake for them not
to keep both parts of their software business going.  They should have
feature froze TS5 and fixed the bugs ASAP and kept existing customers happy.
At this point it would be a good mature product. Then they should have built
TS6 to support different data vendors (local and internet) and given people
a choice.  They should have offered real pricing incentives on services and
good brokerage rates to get people to trade with them. Limiting data
delivery options IMO was a big mistake. I don't know what value added they
think they're getting by forcing customers to use their data only.  They
could have made their data on demand service free to people who traded a
certain volume each month but used a different primary data provider, for
instance.  They also could have continued to develop new services that not
only brought in more monthly revenue but made TS more powerful much like
Microsoft's bCentral suite of services.  All sorts of ways they could have
played this but no they had to be...Omega as usual.

Brian.