10-27-2002 TS4 & BMI: The Solution

At 4:27am PST, which is when Morning Update began, this problem commenced.
Every symbol in my database(800+) that traded after that time traded under
the date of 10-27-2002.  When I noticed it at 6:30am PST, the TS4 clock/date
was set at 10-27-2002.  My saving grace was that after groggily staring at
it for six minutes, I shut down the program, rebooted, and started it up
again.  The new TS4 had the correct date and from 6:38am PST all the data
collected was stored under todays date.

The next problem was that nothing would chart.  The reason was that every
symbol had data collected under 10-27-2002 up to the point that I closed and
restarted TS4.  The solution, and I've been at it for 1 1/2 hrs so far, for
all stock and index symbols go into Edit Tick and delete(hold down
Alt-Delete ad nauseum...)every tick stored under 10-27-2002.  When you ok
and save for that symbol, todays date magically reappears with all the data
collected from the restart point.  If the date didn't appear, I could type
it in and reload it.

For all the commodity symbols, now renamed(ES2H to ES0H2, etc...) and marked
expired, after deleting all the ticks under 10-27-2002, I renamed them back
to the correct symbol, and again after oking and saving todays date usually
would reappear.

I've only done this so far with the symbols that are currently important.
When I finish this message, I'm going to print it out,  put it in an
envelope and hang it on the side of my computer.  I know I'll be doing this
alt-delete routine many times.  And although it's strange this happened on
the 2nd trading day of the year, I think I'll turn Morning Update off next
Dec 31st and see what happens.

Would someone refresh my memory about how necessary Morning Update is.

John