Re: Protected .ELD security

On Thu, 03 Jan 2002, Robert Linders wrote:

> It is my understanding that the password protection (TS4) is easy to
> "crack". I found this out myself.
> However the "protected source" file option should be very safe (with ELS or
> ELD files).

This is simply a guess. I believe that TS is using a byte-compiled format
for the functions and indicators. If TS only emits the byte-compiled
version of a function/indicator when writing an *.eld file, then given
enough time an individual could incrementally create a function that
is very simple, moving to very complex, and as such be able to
decode the *.eld format. Even without the EL source the eld format would
show any algorithms used.

Mike