Re: SPECIAL upgrade offer !

Bill - Ralph, I'm writing you as a client (several low block numbers) not as
a competitor.   I have watched Omega start out with a complicated (at the
time) program and provide the best tech support that you could deliver at
the time.  I saw you go from a company that did care about their clients
(back when you yourself answered the tech phone) to today's slick sales
machine.   For years I have been riding your ass about every detail of TS, I
tried the nice approach at first and found that to be of no use.  I then
tried the nasty approach and found that at least you listened even if you
didn't act.  But at least you listened.   So besides all the things that
have pissed me off about you and your attitude I have continued to use your
products.   Some time back you asked the users what they would like to see
new in the product.  Many of us described to you the features that are now
sold as yet an additional product called RadarScreen.  The below statement
bothers me very much because it shows that you must be oblivious to customer
suggestions rather than addressing them.

>I believe you will be very happy with TradeStation 2000i. We've really
worked hard to make it very robust and address customer suggestions.

Other things that bother me are the non transferable licensing of your
products.

The total lack of a real time server in the new TS in spite of you major
excess revenues you chose to go the cheap route and piggy back off the data
feed vendors server.

The dropping of SP Comstock data feed, I guess because they dont provide you
with a server!

You obviously are not listening to customer suggestions on this one.

==============

I believe a rebuild of your product using the universal server or going back
to the tal server that was used with all previous versions of ts would be a
very wise move on your part.   These two options are doable right now,  as
both server products exist and you would not have to waste time building and
trouble shooting your own.   The slow timed poll of data from your global
server's stored data base which is fed from the vendors stored data base
which is collected by the vendors time polled data server will never be
suitable for accurate real time data collection.   If you do not correct
this fallacy in the Omega product line then you will continue to see your
market share dwindle away.   I would also suggest, that you open a real or a
simulated trading accept yourself  personally and set in front of your
product each day and actually use the product for its intended purpose.   If
you did this for 3-6 months real time, full time everyday then I and others
would not be able to complain about so many issues.   The weekend dog and
pony shows using historical data is a far cry from the cruel demanding
reality of gut wrenching real time short time frame trading.

Thank you,

Mark Brown

no longer the lone wolf

> I fully agree with these statements, in particular the part about the
total lack of concern for your customers. Your marketing and customer
relations service are a JOKE, and I mean it. At this pace, it is only a
matter of time until your product dies. Even reliance on high turnover and
finding new unsuspicious customers won't do the trick over time. There are
now many alternatives, and the need for TS is rapidly dwindling, especially
with this  kind of support.

> For my part. I have taken this a step further, TS being absolutely
inappropriate for safe trading, I did not bother upgrading from 4.0 or even
installing a Y2K  patch. I am past that, and have completely uninstalled
TradeStation from my PC.  I now use other more effective and reliable tools
with a much higher
> satisfaction degree, and way lower stress level.
>
> BTW I am dongle 5167. In an orderly world, I should be one of your strong
supporters, but you really blew it.