[EquisMetaStock Group] Slow metastock 11 eod scans

Roy explained the problem to you. The formulas are poorly written with far too many prevs.

They really can't be used on intraday data.

When scanning EOD, any data loaded above the minimum needed for indicators in the formula, multiplies the delay. With a large number of prevs and hundreds of stocks to scan, having to calculate values on historical data that's not needed across hundreds of stocks chews up a lot of time.

For example if, if an indicator needs 500 days of data to produce accurate results and you load 1000 days, then you've at least doubled the number of calculations needed for each stock scanned.

In addition, you can prescan your history files and eliminate all the stocks that obviously don't meet your criteria. For example, if your indicators never turn positive for stocks that aren't in an uptrend, then use a couple of simple moving averages to eliminate all of the stocks in the history file not in an uptrend. You can find simple constraints that will eliminate 80% of the symbols in your history file before you run your final scan using the equations full of the prevs.

Good luck!

MS upgrades haven't ever been very good. They just want to get $200 from as many of the current installed base as they can. Equis really doesn't ever put in much that's of value.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mcmpick <mcmpick@xxx> wrote:

> The formulas are the preset ones that come with metastock( Darvas,stochastic pops,etc) the data is downloaded  to my hardrive and is used for the explorations I have many similar scans that I can use 1500 securities and it takes only a matter of minutes The meastock scans I described would take hours

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)