[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: New Exploration formula

Ravi,

Don't get too caught up in terminology.
You are using terminology from Thomas Bulkowski and it can be found at this site:
http://thepatternsite.com/WhiteMarubozu.html

Metastock uses Japanese Candlestick terminology.

There is an expert provided with your system called Equis-Candles. Attach it to a chart and it should tell you what a particular pattern is. You can also check your users manual for more info on the subject. Look around manual page number 288 or if in pdf format it should be around page 298.

To my knowledge Bulkowski has not written any Metastock add-ons.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, viswanathanravi <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> i am new to metastock,
>
> can any one help me to construct a new exploration meeting the following conditions.
>
> 1.Bullish Kicking Pattern
>
> Definition:The Bullish Kicking Pattern is a White Marubozu following a Black Marubozu. After the Black Marubozu, market gaps sharply higher on the opening and it opens with a gap above the prior session's opening thus forming a White Marubozu.
>
> This Bullish Kicking Pattern is a strong sign showing that the market is headed upward. The previous market direction is not important for this pattern unlike most other candle patterns. The market is headed up with the Bullish Kicking Pattern as the prices gap up the next day. The prices never enter into the previous day's range. Instead they close with another gap.
>
> We should be careful that both of the patterns do not have any shadows or they have only very small shadows (they both are Marubozu).
> The Bullish Kicking Pattern is somewhat similar to the Bullish Separating Lines Pattern. The opening prices are equal in Bullish Separating Lines Pattern while in the Bullish Kicking Pattern a gap occurs.
>
> The Bullish Kicking Pattern is highly reliable, but still, a confirmation of the reversal on the third day should be sought. This confirmation may be in the form of a white candlestick, a large gap up or a higher close on the third day.
>

> 2.BULLISH ABONDONED BABY
> Definition:           The Bullish Abandoned Baby Pattern is a very rare bottom reversal signal. It is composed of a Doji Star, which gaps away (including shadows) from the prior and following days' candlesticks.
>
> We have a similar scenario that is valid for most of the three-day star patterns. In a falling market, the market shows bearish strength first with a long black candlestick and opens with a gap on the second day. The second day trading is within a small range and second day closes at or very near its open. This now suggests the potential for a rally showing that positions are changed. The signal of trend reversal is given by the white third day and by well-defined upward gap.
>
> The Bullish Abandoned Baby Pattern is quite rare.The reliability of this pattern is very high, but still a confirmation in the form of a white candlestick with a higher close or a gap-up is suggested.
>
> with regards
> Ravi.V

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional