[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Debry SpyGlass plug-in problem

Spy Glass was originally programmed and owned by Jon Debry. He used a server validation as a way to make sure you didn't have a pirated copy.

He sold Spy Glass to John Slauson of Adaptick a few years ago. John fixed a few issues in Spy Glass and renamed it Fire. It was sold by Equis for several years.

John sold the rights to Fire to Equis a year or so ago, I believe and now Equis provides all the tech support, etc. (It doesn't require much tech support.)

The server that validated Spy Glass is no longer in service. You will have to call Equis and see if they will help you. Since Spy Glass is very old you may have to upgrade to Fire, before you can fix the problem.

In the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/debry/setup

You will see an IP Address for the server and a serial number. I believe the IP address tells the program which server to use for validation and then the server checks the serial number.

Slauson removed this in his version of Fire. I think there are a couple of other registry entries that Fire leaves out that Spy Glass used so maybe one of those triggers the validation request. I don't know.

Fire is a good program and the SQL is more flexible. I use it regularly.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "alui_98" <alui_98@xxx> wrote:

> I had to validate my registration today, and I got the following error msg:
>
> "The connection with the server was reset"
>
> and couldn't continue (previous validations ran fine).   Thus, I can't use SpyGlass at all.  Any of you SpyGlass users ever encountered this problem?  If so, how do I fix it?
>
> Thanks

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: