Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] MetaStock Formula - BEAT & Alpha

Hi Friends,

I appreciate your response. It is good information to have it. However, I’d installed the Performance Plugin for MetaStock and which has the particular formula in Indicator Builder. As per the Alpha & Beta can be used by dropping NSE-Index on specific company script.

Let me explain my basic idea. Beta/Alpha is measure of the how much company is volatile compare to index. Where ever, RSI is internal strength of the particular company’s chart. So , idea is when company has higher Beta use the lower MACD crossover logic & incase of lower Beta value use the Higher MACD cross over.

Let say , Siemens has higher Beta of 2.3 & Castrol has Beta of 0.8 . In such case, if I use the same logic (MACD (7) > MACD(11) ) then it is not justified. I need to have logic like this .. I agree , along with MACD , I may use RSI to reconfirm my strategy.

If  ( Beta () > 0.5 & Beta() < 0.9 )
{
    MACD (15) > MACD (21) ;
}
else If  ( Beta () > 0.9 & Beta() < 0.9 )

{
    MACD (11) > MACD (15) ;
}
else If  ( Beta () > 1.9 & Beta() < 2.9 )

{
    MACD (7) > MACD (9) ;
}

Can anyone give me pointers , how to define Indicator as index line. Based on that , calculate Beta()/Alpha and use it in Explorer/Back Testing ?

regards,
Kinjal Shah