[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: ROC since date - as an Explorer formula (not indicator formula)

I know I have been here before months ago with the same question and I had a reply. However, I couldn't get the explorer to run properly and 100% was rejected everytime. I felt bad and rather stupid so I left it as that as there was no real need to run that function.

However, now I really need to run this explorer to get a project going for month end. I hope that some metastock expert can help me.

Many thanks for you help in advance

Regards

Peter

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pbay01" <pbay01@xxx> wrote:

> Hi, I have Jose Silva's formula below for building the ROC Since Date (or YTD) indicator. However, I still cannot figure out how to modify it into an explorer funtion such that my results are shown after I do an exploration for finding a list of stocks performance to date.
>
> To elaborate, if I wanted to do an exploration from a list of 200 stocks, I remembered years ago something like I had to key in today's date against the date that I wanted to measure the returns against. After running the explorer, the ROC would appear in a column with the various returns of the various stocks and I can just sort the stocks according to the highest/lowest returns to date.
>

> I had a working formula years ago in my older laptop for "YTD" and for "since date" that has since crashed. I've been trying fraustratingly to figure out the formula as an explorer function but I guess I'm just not smart enough to do it. I hope someone can help me.
>
> I'm currently using metastock 10.1
>

> { Rate of Change (RoC) since past date v1.0
>
>  ©Copyright 2005-2006 Jose Silva.
>   The grant of this license is for personal use
>    only - no resale or repackaging allowed.
>   All code remains the property of Jose Silva.
>   http://www.metastocktools.com }
>
> { User inputs }
> StDay:=Input("Day",1,31,1);
> StMnth:=Input("Month",1,12,1);
> StYear:=Input("Year",1800,2200,2006);
> method:=Input("method:  [1]%-percent,  [2]$-points",1,2,1);
> plot:=Input("plot:  [1]RoC,  [2]Date signal",
>  1,2,1);
>
> { Data array }
> x:=C;
>
> { Event date's signal }
> date:=Year()>StYear
>  OR (Year()=StYear AND (Month()>StMnth
>  OR Month()=StMnth AND DayOfMonth()>=StDay));
> event:=date AND Alert(date=0,2);
>
> { Event's Close value }
> start:=Cum(IsDefined(event))=1;
> eventVal:=ValueWhen(1,event OR start,x);
>
> { RoC since chosen event }
> RoCper:=(x/eventVal-1)*100;
> RoCpts:=x-eventVal;
>
> { Select % or $ method }