[EquisMetaStock Group] AAII screens

I just ran across a book at the bookstore, The Guru Investor, which explains the screening criteria used in a few of the AAII screens. It's the big name ones like Graham, Zweig, and O'Shaughnessy. It has both back test and historical track records for some of the methods. Interesting.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, superfragalist <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Yes, I've back tested some of the AAII screens, but my results are based on my style of trading, not yours. Like the VL stocks, AAII provides performance history numbers based on their method of trading, so there is history to look at.
>
> VL stocks are core stocks. VL only analyzes around 1600 to 1700 stocks out of the whole market to come up with the T100.
>
> Many of the AAII screens are low volume small cap stocks, which are hard to trade. But some traders prefer small caps with low volume. Many of the screens produce only 3 or 4 stocks per months. Some of the screens have books written about them so the logic and historical testing on those is extensive.
>
> While I like AAII screens overall, it takes a lot more time to find the stocks with the best probability of success from their many screens.
>
> If you have an account with Fidelity you can buy Value Line at a significant discount.
>
> Trading from any list of prescreened stocks that have a long track record of success will improve the trading performance of many systems, so using AAII for candidates is likely to produce better results than using some kind of TA screener.
>
> Super
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "metastkuser" <andysmith_999@> wrote:
> >
> > Super, have you backtested any of the Stock Investor Pros screens from AAII? I have SIPro and don't want to run out and buy VL just yet...
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, superfragalist <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Very few people on here know anything about those. Yes, they work. They always do.
> > >
> > > Super

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: