Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Fisher Yur4ik formula

Hi Roy !

Thanks a lot.

I feel that always when you see a PREV statement it´s like a puzzle that you have to solve.

Congratulations !

Regards,

Ticiano

2009/5/19 Roy Larsen <rlarsen@xxxxxco.nz>

Hi Ticiano

If your code is right, and I suspect it is, then the PREV lines are both exponential moving averages and the revised formula below will execute much faster with PREV removed. The values appear to be slightly off and this is accounted for by 0.33 and 0.67 factors in the original formula being closer to 0.33333 and 0.66667 when the Mov() function is used to generate the EMA. Wilders() with Periods values of 3 and 2 respectively would return the same values as Mov()

pr:=(H+L)/2;
len:=8;
maxh:=HHV(pr,len);
minl:=LLV(pr,len);
val1:=Mov(2*((pr-minl)/(maxh-minl)-.5),5,E);

value1:=If(val1>.99,.999,If(val1<-.99,-.999,val1));
fish:=Mov(Log((1+value1)/(1-value1)),3,E);
fish;

Regards

Roy