[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Book of Metastock language

Learning MSFL is just like learning a spoken language.  You need to memorize a significant fraction of the language functions before you are able to use it.  Fortunately, MSFL has only a small number of elements unlike - say - english where you must memorize the definitions of several thousand words before you can understand it.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but the best technique that I have used is to take the user manual which comes with MetaStock and turn to the chapter "MetaStock Formula Language" and start memorizing each one of the functions.

Once you have been over this at least 3 times, go to one of the websites that have libraries of indicators programmed up and download a few.  Then start modifying them.  You will recognize the statements from reading the manual - and start changing small bits of the code.  Change a exponential moving average to a weighted moving average.  Change the number of periods for the stochastic indicator - etc etc.

Learning a new language, written or spoken is not a pretty business  -  tends to give you headaches - have your Tylenol ready.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thomas12ng" <thomas12ng@xxx> wrote:

> Slow down speedo.................!
>
> where there is a will there is a way. here are some ideas
>

> 1. to write metastock syntax you need to allow your self to absorb the essence in coding such as starting with simple exercise from formula premier that is provided by equis. For general question you can post your issue in this forum.
>
> 2. I know some of forum members provide some advance coding services. Roy is one of the best men for advance coding and tricks . you can subscribe to MSTT news letter
>
> 3. There is another person in equis i.e. Wabbit. he provides a coding class. Just PM him via skype or email
>
> 4. If you got your system and need some improvement you can contact Patric ( he is now working with metatrader group). At least $USD 500 for minimum work load
>
> 5.  There is another  person Jose Silva. You can also contact him for commercial programming service
>
> Hope it helps
>

> TNG
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Blitz Krieg <greenrhinos@> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Guys,
> >
> > I am new in Metastock. I wanna learn Metastock language more deeply. Can anybody here has Metastock language books? I downloaded Metastock Formula Book, but the content is not satisfying me.
> > Thanks for help.
> > Blitz

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional