Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Strategy, philosophy or system directly correlated with Vix

Thanks, and sorry for the delay in responding. My brother-in-law was
in town with his family and then I went to New York for the Market
Technician Association annual symposium. It was by far their best
symposium I have been to. Some real heavy weight speakers.

I will do some more research on short bias strategies and also read
the paper you recommended.

What I've started doing recently is looking at the impact of
increasing shorts, what impact other asset classes would have, and
also remove as much beta as possible by adding double short index
ETFs.

So, no longer beating the bench is important, but I am looking for
more beta neutral, low correlation to the bench and higher Sharpe
ratio. Each is equally important. I am also adding a lot of pair
trades to reduce volatility and added a third overlay to this strategy
-- macro calls. The switch between these strategies as you recommended
is based on an oscillator.

Regarding macro calls and pair trades, I am also guaging the impact of
adding long or short Treasuries. And buying country specific ETFs that
have stronger technicals  and sell those that have weaker trends.

Regarding doing technical analysis on bonds, it's nearly impossible as
getting hold of good data is difficult if not impossible.

--
Rajiv
Sent from Baltimore, Maryland, United States

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)