Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Strategy, philosophy or system directly correlated with Vix

Yes, I am picking high beta names and hence one of the key component of my strategy is a strong stop loss descipline.

I am studying market neutral strategy but what I am trying to do is instead of futures, I want to see if by combining a few non correlated strategies, I can more or less eliminate long periods of underperformance and also some whipsaws.

The goal is to have more or less a pure alpha strategy or a strategy that generates 5% annual excess return with about 1.5 Sharpe ratio. Currently, the combination of my strategies is generating about 3% excess return a month with a Sharpe ratio of close to 2.00.

I think one of the main reasons why methodical investing hasn't gained traction in the asset management business is because fund managers have to produce alpha every quarter and with methodical investing, you could have months if not years of underperformance.

The problem with my current combination is that they are all strongly correlated. They pick high beta, relative strength and  momentum names. Recently, I added one non correlated strategy and have increased my shorts in other two. That has brought down the volatility. I am wondering if anyone has come across other approaches?

Thanks again,

Rajiv