[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Formula Question/Request

Rajiv,

I'm not fond of the smorgasbord approach.

I think you will get far better results if you focus on just a few indicators and try to understand what those few are telling you about the market.

Your list includes some very good indicators and some that I really would not put my trust in. If there is a zigzag or a dpo then you are not getting true signals.

There are also quite a number of different gurus in your list. I would be fearful that you would be opening yourself up to a conflict of signals.

Study the works of the individual gurus seperately and try to realize how those systems work. Then settle on an approach that you are comfortable with.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rajiv Vyas <rajiv1@xxx> wrote:

> Currently, I look at some 10 indicators and expert advisors and I mentally
> rank each one. So, if Renko Chart is bullish, I will give it +1, MACD cross
> over another +1, Chande Expert Advisor +2, RMO bullish +1, etc.  I've codes
> for most of these indicators and EAs and for a few that I don't, Metastock
> already has it inbuilt.
>
> What I am trying to accomplish is rank each of these indicators and expert
> advisor in exploration and then also system test a long/short strategy to
> see what the results would look like when a particular stock or indices
> crossed say 6 points (long) or -4 points (bearish).
>
> Below I've included formulas for the indicators and EAs. I was wondering if
> people on this forum could help me with the structure of exploration and
> testing formula.
>

> Indicators:
>
> ·         Kase Peak Oscillator (+2): Fml( "0 Kase Peak Oscillator") > 0
>
> ·         Kase Peak Oscillator (-2): Fml( "0 Kase Peak Oscillator") < 0
>
> ·         TSI (+1) : Fml( "ZZ TSI") > 50
>
> ·         TSI(-1): Fml( "ZZ TSI") < 40
>
> ·         Insync (+1):  Fml( "ZZ Insync Index") < 30
>
> ·         Insync (-1):  Fml( "ZZ Insync Index") > 70
>
> ·         Ergodic (+1): Fml( "ZZ Ergodic") > 0 (or crosses 0 from below)
>
> ·         Ergodic (-1): Fml( "ZZ Ergodic") < 0 (or crosses 0 from above)
>
> ·         DMI: + 1 When +DMI is above ?DMI and -1 when ?DMI is above +DMI
>
> ·         Multiframe Vidya:  + 1 When close above Multiframe Vidya and -1
> when close below Multiframe Vidya**
>
> ·         Multiframe Wilder: + 1 When close above Multiframe wilder and -1
> when close below Multiframe Wilder
> Multiframe Aroon (+2): When Multiframe Aroon Up line crosses above the Aroon
> Down line and -2 when the Aroon Down line crosses above the Aroon Up line.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rajiv

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional