[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: TSI and ASX market

Thomas,

No apology is necessary...you certainly have not offended me. The idea is for everyone to learn.

That being said, I have just finished reading an article in TASC by Gerald Gardner who discusses a mutual fund system with an annual yield of 10.82%, 10 trades, and that was 90% profitable over the last six years.

When I compared a TSI(5) to the signals generated by Gardner's system, the TSI performed better.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thomas12ng" <thomas12ng@xxx> wrote:

> Appology for my impoliteness and my modest knowledge if any of my posting has offended any one in this forum. I just intend to show how this indicator combine with my existing trading system
>
> I have slightly modify this indicator here and there and change this indicator into binary signal (with my own custom moving average). and also I wish to thanking you kindly for your concern regarding this indicator.
>
> I do respect and appeciate your valuable contribution to this community  and trying to learn while cramming from experienced metastock coder
>

> Again I dont wish to start up fire in this forum
>

> Regards
>

> Thomas
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Thomas,
> >
> > Something does not appear to be right with your indicator. The TSI should oscillate from positive to negative. Yours is indexed from zero to one. The huge spikes don't seem correct either.
> >
> > I have tried a number of variations of this indicator. In the end a simple moving average worked best. I also found that shortened look back periods worked better than longer periods.
> >
> > If you study the indicator you will realize that in its simplest form it simply says if the close is greater that a moving average then 10 points. This is done ten times.
> >
> > So what changes could you make to the indicator. You could start with the analysis and ramp it. By this I mean that you could compare the close to a moving average initially. Then compare moving average one to moving average two and so on.
> >
> > Ron Berlin had a very good idea which compared the spread of the moving average to the close. It was a very thoughtful idea and one that I hope he will share.
> >
> > When I presented the idea and indicator, I did so not because it was the best indicator there was but because no one else had presented it to the metastock community and I felt it could be used as a stepping stone for ideas to build on.
> >

> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thomas12ng" <thomas12ng@> wrote:
> > >
> > > LOL!
> > >
> > > I have just code this indicator in my version. I just change the indicator with multiple time frame and length period
> > >
> > > see the attachment
> > >

> > > The picture is AGO Atlans Iron (ASX:AU)
> > >

> > > signal 2 comes from gaugassian moving average signal that reacts better in comparison to Jurik when the market flop.
> > >

> > > but see the 2 un intended signals. TSI  improves the trading quality and trading system performance

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)