[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: adjusted moving averages & zero lag oscillators

Hi Lionel Issen,
I think a zero lag moving average is probably impossible but ideally
that is exactly what I'm looking for. Have you got something of this
nature ??
All indicators have a lag imho but some have more lag than others. If
you can come up with a zero lag indicator then you are indeed a
mighty man !!

regards
Pat

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> GV,
>
> 1.Charts will be broadcast to those choosing to receive emails but
> not saved in the message archive.
>
> 2.The RMO uses recursive smoothing.
>
> 3.While the indicator may not come with the flexibility of choosing
> your own parameter, it can be modified.
>
> 4. The RMO is the Rainbow Indicator created by Mel Widner, Ph.D.
and
> originally introduced in the July 1997 issue of Technical Analysis
of
> Stocks and Commodities magazine.
>
> The Rainbow Charts indicator is trend-following indicator. The
basis
> of the Rainbow Charts indicator is a 2-period simple moving
average.
> Recursive smoothing is then applied to the original moving average
> thereby creating 9 additional moving averages; each new moving
> average is based on the previous moving average. Through this use
of
> recursive smoothing a full spectrum of trends is created that, when
> plotted using continuous colors, have the appearance of a rainbow.
>
> The Rainbow Oscillator is also a trend-following indicator that is
> based on the same calculations used to create the Rainbow Charts.
The
> Rainbow Oscillator is derived from a consensus of the Rainbow
Charts

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/0797/tradetip

http://www.paritech.com/education/technical/custom/indicators/97jul.as

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/0797/0797Widn
> er.html
>
> Discussion at the Equis Forum:
>
> http://forum.equis.com/forums/post/23170.aspx
>

> Hope this helps,
>

> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vasanth Mohan G Buddaan"
> <vgbudawn@> wrote:
> >
> > Talking of zero lag moving averages, there is an 'adjusted'
> oscillator on which there was a good amount of discussion earlier -
> RMO - which is also good at tagging onto the flow of the prices
like
> the TEMA
> >
> > Hope my below given chart gets posted on the yahoo (otherwise it
> would be meaningless)...
> >

> > Have taken 2 weeks of 5min chart of nifty (Indian Index) in which
> period there is trending in both up & down sides, flat periods and
> couple of gaps which were followed by contra market movement by
which
> I mean that the prices moved opposite to the gap on both occasions -

> once after violating the low and once without violating it on 15th
&
> 20th respectively. When the price violated the low formed on the
gap
> many (trend following) systems would have given a 'sell' which
would
> have got whipsawed much later in a normal MA cross over system
(like
> the one shown at the top in green colour - which is a difference of
> long & short period moving averages).
> >
> > Whereas the RMO given at the bottom in dark blue colour
immediately
> turned up in the direction of the recent price behaviour ignoring
> the 'gap down' - the area marked between the yellow - dotted &
plain
> lines. On 20th, it was so swift the whipsawing would have been
> minimum as compared to the normal MA crossover system given at top
of
> the chart.
> >
> > Among the Moving Averages - TEMA (red line) at the bottom and EMA
> (yellow) at the top - both of 10d - obviously TEMA has the minimum
> lag and hence a faster recovery after the gap. To me it looks like
> RMO is largely a moving average cross over system as may be seen by
> the white & black lines giving intermediate tops & bottoms in RMO
> which mostly coincides with the price extremes or does so with a
> negligible lag. There is quite possibly a component of a
conventional
> oscillator built into it. The main problem is that the indicator
does
> not come with the flexibility of choosing our own parameter. It is
so
> good at capturing the trends but does not have much of the
predictive
> ability of an oscillator resuting in suffering the 'gaps' - may not
> be 'after' but 'prior' to them.
> >
> > Just a post to throw up an idea at altering a MA Cross Over
> system...
> >

> > gv

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional