[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: If Then Else Neutral

Maybe this one could help:

HLd:=If(CLOSE>Ref(Mov(H,3,S),-1),
{then}1,
{else}If(CLOSE<Ref(Mov(L,3,S),-1),
{then}-1,
{else}0));
HLv:=ValueWhen(1,HLd<>0,HLd);
HiLo:=If(HLv=-1,
{then}Mov(H,3,S),
{else}Mov(L,3,S));
HiLo;
break:=Cross(hlv,0)-Cross(0,hlv);
If(break=1,Mov(H,3,S),If(break=-1,Mov(L,3,S),hilo))

Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kevin Barry <kevin_barry@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello Preston,
>
> Many thanks for your reply.
>
> Unfortunately, this formula still doesn't do the trick as it just
shifts
> the original plot back a bar. The principle is correct when using
the Gann
> HiLo Activator for intraday trading but for trading daily bars, the
plot
> must be offset by one bar (according to Gann).
>
> On the bar on which the trend direction changes, i.e. where the
close is
> above/below the 3MA high/low, the plots should overlap, i.e. there
should
> be BOTH a Mov(H,3,S) AND a Mov(L,3,S) plotted, not one or the other,
which
> is the result of HiLo:=If(HLv=-1,Mov(H,Lb,S),Mov(L,Lb,S)).
>
> The reason being is that when trading the Gann System, and a long
trade is
> taken on, say, a close above Mov(H,3,S), the initial stop is a break
below
> Mov(L,3,S). That is why we need the plots overlapping on that bar.
The If
> statement as it stands gives us an either/or.
>
> Once again, I really appreciate your input.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin
>

> At 05:28 PM 2/14/2009 Saturday, you wrote:
>
> >Kevin,
> >
> >The formula was originally written back in 1999 and posted on the
> >Guppy site back in April of 2000. Strange that no one saw the problem
> >until now. Maybe a result of the bear market.
> >
> >The formula as posted works correctly. It plots either a 3MA high or
> >a 3MA low overlaping on the bar at which the close is greater/less
> >than " YESTERDAY'S " MA. Notice the use of the ref statement in the
> >first line...HLd:=If(CLOSE>Ref(Mov(H,3,S),-1) So we are indeed
> >looking for a close greater that yesterday's MA.
> >
> >To make the change you want simply change the formula to:
> >
> >{Gann HiLo Kevin Modified}
> >Lb:=Input("Look-Back Periods?",2,80,3);
> >HLd:=If(CLOSE>Mov(H,Lb,S),
> >{then}1,
> >{else}If(CLOSE<Mov(L,Lb,S),
> >{then}-1,
> >{else}0));
> >HLv:=ValueWhen(1,HLd<>0,HLd);
> >HiLo:=If(HLv=-1,
> >{then}Mov(H,Lb,S),
> >{else}Mov(L,Lb,S));
> >HiLo;{end}
> >
> >Now you should get a resulting plot of either a 3MA high or 3MA
> >low on the bar at which the close is greater/less than the "current"
> >MA.
> >
> >Preston
> >
> >--- In
>
><mailto:equismetastock%40yahoogroups.com>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> >Kevin Barry <kevin_barry@>
> >wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am in the process of rewriting the Gann Hi-Lo indicator using as
> >my
> > > starting point the following formula by Adam Hefner:
> > >
> > > HLd:=If(CLOSE>Ref(Mov(H,3,S),-1),
> > > {then}1,
> > > {else}If(CLOSE<Ref(Mov(L,3,S),-1),
> > > {then}-1,
> > > {else}0));
> > > HLv:=ValueWhen(1,HLd<>0,HLd);
> > > HiLo:=If(HLv=-1,
> > > {then}Mov(H,3,S),
> > > {else}Mov(L,3,S));
> > > HiLo;
> > >
> > > The resulting plot is not quite correct because the 3MA high and
> >the 3MA
> > > low plots should overlap on the bar at which the close is
> >greater/less than
> > > the current MA.
> > >
> > > The obvious solution is to create two plots GannHi and GannLo to
> >replace
> > > the HiLo plot. However, we would need to specify an If statement
> >without
> > > the ELSE condition.
> > >
> > > We can't write If(HLv=-1,Mov(H,3,S),0) because it doesn't plot
> >correctly.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions for creating an equivalent of IF without the need
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)