Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: If Then Else Neutral

Hello Preston,

Many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, this formula still doesn't do the trick as it just shifts the original plot back a bar. The principle is correct when using the Gann HiLo Activator for intraday trading but for trading daily bars, the plot must be offset by one bar (according to Gann).

On the bar on which the trend direction changes, i.e. where the close is above/below the 3MA high/low, the plots should overlap, i.e. there should be BOTH a Mov(H,3,S) AND a Mov(L,3,S) plotted, not one or the other, which is the result of HiLo:=If(HLv=-1,Mov(H,Lb,S),Mov(L,Lb,S)).

The reason being is that when trading the Gann System, and a long trade is taken on, say, a close above Mov(H,3,S), the initial stop is a break below Mov(L,3,S). That is why we need the plots overlapping on that bar. The If statement as it stands gives us an either/or.

Once again, I really appreciate your input.

Regards,
Kevin