[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Massive charts export as picture files

Hi and many thanks for your response. I've purchased stockChartX some
months ago, but to be honest I didn't have the time yet to fully
explore its capabilities (though I've noticed that in order to produce
my custom indicators would put me in a kind of trouble). I know I can
export easily this way but my main task is to develop and test my
systems (for my own use) so let's say I don't want to lose a lot of
time with "technical" things. When I'll really have enough spare time
I'll give it my best try.

Best Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "L.P. Carhartt" <lc@xxx> wrote:

> Hi, again,
>
> Unless MetaStock has added new features that I am unaware of, I went
through
> the process you are going through years ago with no luck.  I even
looked for
> an external macro program that could control MetaStock and
accomplish what
> you seem to be talking about.  Some programs claimed they could do
it, but
> were so delicate it wound up making more headaches than providing a
reliable
> solution.  Maybe you are smarter than I am, or luckier, in your
search, but
> I wound up buying an entire charting shell program (StockChartX) and
> programmed it to do the charts I wanted.  Of course, even then, it would
> only save the chart.  I then added a graphic conversion program
(2JPEG) that
> would convert the saved charts to the proper format and size for
posting on
> my web site.  And everything had to be fast and capable of full
automation.
> Needless to say, none of this was a small task, but it has run
reliably for
> 5 years now, generating and posting 2000 plus charts per hour every
trade
> day.  Takes less than 5 minutes including transferring files to the web
> server  It almost draws as pretty a chart as MetaStock.
>
> All of this, of course, could have been avoided if MetaStock could
have done
> what you are now asking, included a macro function along with some
sort of
> scheduler.  To my knowledge, it did not and still does not.  If
anyone on
> the planet, however, knows of a way to do all this within MetaStock,
you are
> in the right place to ask.  In my experience the MetaStock "gurus"
in this
> forum are the best anywhere.  This is the long winded version of my
answer
> to your original question ... to my knowledge, can't be done in
MetaStock.