RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Massive charts export as picture files

Hi, again,

Unless MetaStock has added new features that I am unaware of, I went through
the process you are going through years ago with no luck.  I even looked for
an external macro program that could control MetaStock and accomplish what
you seem to be talking about.  Some programs claimed they could do it, but
were so delicate it wound up making more headaches than providing a reliable
solution.  Maybe you are smarter than I am, or luckier, in your search, but
I wound up buying an entire charting shell program (StockChartX) and
programmed it to do the charts I wanted.  Of course, even then, it would
only save the chart.  I then added a graphic conversion program (2JPEG) that
would convert the saved charts to the proper format and size for posting on
my web site.  And everything had to be fast and capable of full automation.
Needless to say, none of this was a small task, but it has run reliably for
5 years now, generating and posting 2000 plus charts per hour every trade
day.  Takes less than 5 minutes including transferring files to the web
server  It almost draws as pretty a chart as MetaStock.

All of this, of course, could have been avoided if MetaStock could have done
what you are now asking, included a macro function along with some sort of
scheduler.  To my knowledge, it did not and still does not.  If anyone on
the planet, however, knows of a way to do all this within MetaStock, you are
in the right place to ask.  In my experience the MetaStock "gurus" in this
forum are the best anywhere.  This is the long winded version of my answer
to your original question ... to my knowledge, can't be done in MetaStock.
I wish it could.

Best,

L. P. Carhartt
www.MasterDATA.com