[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Real Time Pattern Alerts

I generate real-time alerts off the experts on my computer. Sends me
alerts to my cell phone. I find that most of the time it is
immediate but occasionally it arrrives 5' late. Not sure why. I have
to check with AT&T - I have an iPhone. The computer also needs to be
set so that Outlook Express will scan for messages to send every
minute instead of the default value your computer has it set at.

Sending expert alerts is an useful tool; but I would not count on
trading with it remote for anything less than 15' real-time
intervals. Consider that one morning I was not getting signals and
after calling AT&T they told me that a wirelss tower near me was
out. What I had to do was shut my phone and start up again so that
it found another tower. Pretty sloppy that it did not manage it on
its own. Or lese I had an ignorant rep on the line who fed me a line
of BS.

Hope this is of help..
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, smpretor <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Alex
>
> Metastock Professional could do it but you would need to test how
> practical it would be from a speed point of view, to have an expert
> attached (with 30 alerts) to all 5 open charts.
>
> Regards
>
> Stuart
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alex Spiroglou"
> <a.spiroglou@> wrote:
> >
> > Dear listmembers,
> >
> > I  have a collection of 20 - 30 trading patterns, similar to
these.

http://www.paritech.com/education/technical/custom/explorations/three
.asp

http://www.paritech.com/education/technical/custom/explorations/nr4.a
sp

> > I am interested in:
> > (i) monitoring 2-5 different markets (e.g. S&P, t-notes, euro,
etc)
> simultaneously, in real time
> > (ii) have alerts whenever any of these patterns show up in any
chart
> >     (i.e. a double inside bar pattern on the 5' S&P, or an
outside
> bar on 15' bonds)
> > (iii) and have these alerts for these patterns WITHOUT doing a
> specific exploration
> >      for them or each one individually, or for each market
specifically.

> > Is this feasible with any version of Metastock ?
> >
> > thanks
> > Alex
> > {RU}

<*> Your email settings: