[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Displaced Moving Average

Alvin,

Its part of the dropdown moving average.

>From the users manual pg.187
Moving Average
The parameters for a moving average are shown below. These
parameters are specified at the time the moving average is plotted.
You
can edit the parameters of an existing moving average by right-
clicking
on the moving average and choosing Properties from the shortcut menu.
Time Periods. Enter the number of time periods to use when
calculating the moving average. The term "time periods" refers to
days if
the chart contains daily data, weeks for weekly data, hours for
hourly
data, etc.
Vertical Shift %. Enter the percentage to shift the moving average up
or down. For example, enter "10" to shift the moving average upward
by 10 percent; enter "-5" to shift the moving average downward by 5
percent.
Horizontal Shift. Enter the number of periods to shift the moving
average. For example, enter "5" to shift the moving average five
periods
to the right; enter "-5" to shift the moving average five periods to
the left;
etc.
Method. Choose the moving average calculation method (i.e., simple,
exponential, weighted, time series, triangular, variable, and volume
adjusted.
Price Field. Choose the price field (i.e., open, high, low, close,
median
price, or typical price) to use when calculating the moving average.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Alvin Yu <alvinyu2005@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi
>     I am trying to get a normal dispalced moving average
indicator (as per attached picture ) which are :
>             Blue line    Period=3     Displaced =3
>             Red line     Period=7     Displaced =5
>
>     Do adv how I can modified the formula as shown below:
> periods:=Input("Mov Avg periods",6,2600,13);
> slowMA:= Ref(Mov(C,periods,S),+3);
> fastMA:= Ref(Mov(C,5,E),+3);
> shift:= 0.9* Min(slowMA, LOW);
> up:=If(fastMA>slowMA,slowMA,shift);
> dn:=If(fastMA<slowMA,slowMA,shift);
> {Plot - use points only line-style for best effect}
> up; {green}
> dn; {red}
> shift; {colour me the same as the chart background colour}
>
> rgds
>

>       Get your preferred Email name!
> Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com
> http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/sg/