[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: accumulated volume

Hi Keith,

Volume is a fickle lady and that may be one of the reasons that we
don't have a great number on indicators using it. Reason is the
volume you are given at the end of a day is subject to change. You
are also not told whether it was buying or selling volume.

If you do a search on "volume accumulated" I believe you will find a
number of discussions on the topic. Here is one:

In order to solve your problem you will need to think about each
element of the final indicator. These are:
1. The start date or time
2. The end date or time
3. The accumulated volume

Most of the restricted display indicators that I wrote allowed the
display of an indicator during a certain period of time. The
beginning and end display periods were known in advance. In other
words the indicator was the same one you would have if it were
normally plotted. The restiction was on the display and not on the
indicator calculation.

There were some indicators that performed calculations only during
the restricted periods and I believe "ROC since" was one of them.
Scott Bunny aka Wabbit at the Equis Forum wrote several indicators
which I believed he named "52 Week High & Low". You may find
something like this useful as it will define highs and lows. Remember
though that you will have to deal with changing higher highs and
lower lows.

Peak and troughs have been used to define highs and lows but keep in
mind that these are dynamic... meaning they are subject to change.

Cum(V) will accumulate volume from the beginning of the data...ie
start of the chart. Valuewhen is used to collect data only when a
defined condition is true.

I know this does not answer your question but it will at least give
you some ideas on how to proceed from this point and help you to
decide whether you would like to input the start and end points.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "keith" <fib1618@xxx> wrote:

> Hello, I'd like to make an indicator to accumulate volume from
a "start date"  to an "end date"  as nominated-- ie from a low to a
high.

> 1/     I imagine the start date could be set initially to add the
volume of " Day1  + 1 day" by nominating the end date to be " day 2 ".

> 2/  "day 2 " could then be extended  daily until the high is made
and a total taken

> 3/  then the process starts again to accululate the volume of the
next swing

> Day1 := Input("Day",1,31,4);
> Month1 := Input("Month",1,12,1);
> Year1 := Input("Year",1900,2400,1999); { start date}
> Day2 := Input("Day",1,31,4);
> Month1 := Input("Month",1,12,1);
> Year1 := Input("Year",1900,2400,1999);  { end date }
> acc:=Cum(V);  { Accumulate values }-----  I need to tell it when to
stop accumulating V

> I cobbled this up from past posts but it doesn't work, but it's one
idea
> I also searched past posts and found Pumrysh's post ( 7-10-08 ) re
ROC since a date.--- I tried to adapt that but was concerned it had
no fixed "end date"

> I'd appreciate some assistance here in getting this to work
>
> thanks  Keith

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: