[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: New formula required Please

Works for me!

Another one which is plotted on price and very similar:

{TASC APR 2008  METASTOCK: RSI BANDS
François Bertrand's article, "RSI Bands," describes the calculation
and use of these bands. The MetaStock formulas and instructions for
adding it to MetaStock are as follows:
1. In the Tools menu, select Indicator Builder.
2. Click New to open the Indicator Editor for a new indicator.
3. Type the name of the formula: "RSI Bands"
4. Click in the larger window and type in the following formula.
5. Place indicator on price plot:}
topv:=Input("overbought level",1,100,70);
botv:=Input("oversold level",1,100,30);
tp:=Input("RSI Time Periods",1,100,14);
change:= ROC(C,1,$);
Z:=Wilders(If(change>0,change,0),tp);
Y:=Wilders(If(change<0,Abs(change),0),tp);
tx:=(tp-1)*(Y*topv/(100-topv)-Z);
bx:=(tp-1)*(Y*botv/(100-botv)-Z);
tband:=If(tx>0,C+tx,C+tx*(100-topv)/topv);
bband:=If(bx>0,C+bx,C+bx*(100-botv)/botv);
tband; bband; (tband+bband)/2; {end}

enjoy,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Code 2 <Code2@xxx> wrote:

> Here is the system.  Let us know what your research turns up.
>
> {Written by Code 2 January 12, 2009 based on Active Trader
Magazine's
> November 2005 article entitled Adaptive RSI System for Futures.
This
> system replaces RSI's typical overbought and oversold levels with
> levels that adapt for volatility.  Volatility, in this case, is
> measured by standard deviation from a simple moving average of RSI}
>
> {Request parameters}
> RSIPeriods:=     Input("RSI periods",1,1000,14);
> BBandPeriods:= Input("Bollinger Band periods",1,1000,100);
> BBandSD:=        Input("Bollinger Band standard deviations",1,3,2);
>
> {Calculate RSI and related upper and lower Bollinger Bands}
> RSIndex:=    RSI(RSIPeriods);
> OBought:=    BBandTop(RSIndex,BBandPeriods,S,BBandSD);
> OSold:=       BBandBot(RSIndex,BBandPeriods,S,BBandSD);
>
> {Plot}
> RSIndex;
> OBought;
> OSold;
>

> From: Alvin Yu <alvinyu2005@xxx>
> To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sunday, January 11, 2009, 6:28:54 AM
> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: New formula required Please
>
> Hi Ross
>     Any formula that is available for this adaptive RSI system ? It
look interesting to me

> rgds

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional