Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Merry Xmas / Happy holidays to all

Dear preston,
i also found that AMA2 is the best and combination of AMA2 and simple moving
would be good. Again would like to know more about AMA2.

Preston if you could just copy all the moving averages that you have. it
would be a great help for all those following this indicator. I have a
couple of them in my collection but feel that your collection is gauranteed
to be much superior.

regards
joshik

On 12/26/06, pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   David,
>
> On closer inspection your AMA2 is by far the better MA.
>
> Which leads to the question again of what is it?
>
> Your own, Kaufman's, or Ehler's?
>
> I have a number of MA's in my collection and the best of the lot is
> a gaussian. I would love to compare yours to it but without knowing
> what I'm comparing its a little tough.
>

> Preston
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <equismetastock%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "David Jennings"
> <davidjennings@xxx> wrote:
> >
> > Preston.
> >
> > AMA2 has a separate control of feedback which is nominally (1-
> SMOOTHINGGFACTOR). Thus: today_ama = SMOOTHINGFACTOR * array +
> FEEDBACKFACTOR * yesterday_ama.
> >
> > However, one can make the smoothing factor volatility related -
> all good fun.
> >
> > Have a good one
> >
> > DJ

<*> Your email settings: