[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: RSX AND JURIK MOVING AVERAGE

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

Yes interesting,

for Preston

the code you have provide is Jose technique in coding and it does
not smooth out the lagging. somehow I just agree with David

IMO another fast moving average is Hull Moving Average. I presume it
perform faster than jurik

here is the link www.tradersexpo.com.au/pdf/hull_moving_average.pdf

for David

I can understand the way you disagree but please if you have the RSX
coding or a better solution post it here, we can discuss it. This is
the main fuction of forum sharing and imparting not arguing on
something. I try to change the nuances of this forum from the
previous condition that full of useless and blurred objective in
trading. In here, I am not looking for a figh. I just try to make up
something for our benefit

regards

ADAM

Ahh, a man after my own heart!

> [...]
> Difference:= WMA1 - WMA2;
> ZeroLagWMA:= WMA1 + Difference;
> ZeroLagWMA
>
> or maybe a combination of these.......
>
> Interestingly, the metastock help file had this to say about the
> variable moving average...
>
> "A variable moving average is an exponential moving average that
> automatically adjusts the smoothing constant based on the
volatility
> of the data series.  The more volatile the data, the larger the
> smoothing constant used in the moving average calculation.  The
> larger the smoothing constant, the more weight given to the
current
> data.  The opposite is true for less volatile data.
> Trader's often associate high volatility with strongly trending
> markets.  However, this is a mistake.  Strong trending markets are
> often less volatile because of the consistency of day-to-day price
> changes.  Its when prices are erratic in their day-to-day
movements
> (i.e., down a lot, up a little, up a little, up a lot, up a
little,
> down a little, etc.), that volatility increases.  This can occur
in
> uptrending, downtrending, or sideways markets.
>
> Typical moving averages suffer from the inability to compensate
for
> changes in volatility.  During volatile markets, you want a moving
> average to increase its sensitivity, so that you will quickly be
on
> the correct side of any wild gyrations.  By automatically
adjusting
> the smoothing constant, a variable moving average is able to
adjust
> its sensitivity, allowing it to perform better in both high and
low
> volatility markets.
> VMA = (0.78*(volatility index) * close) + (1-0.078 * volatility
> index)*yesterday's VMA
>
> The absolute value of a 9-period Chande Momentum Oscillator is
used
> for the volatility index.  The higher this index the more volatile
> the market, thereby increasing the sensitivity of the moving
average.
> This method of calculating a variable moving average was presented
> by Tushar Chande in the March 1992 issue of Technical Analysis of
> Stocks & Commodities magazine."
>
> So it appears that the variable moving average is a great way to
> introduce volatility into an exponential moving average!
>

> Can't wait to see all the interesting combinations that you guys
> will come up with.
>

> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Jennings"
> <davidjennings@> wrote:
> >
> > Preston,
> > I don't disagree.
> >
> > Sadly, Yahoo dropped off the chart that comparing it with some
> other MAs. One of these was the IR MA which was the sum of the
EPMA
> and the IRLS divided by two. Another was the Weighted MA which has
> quite good characteristics. Depending on the application, if you
are
> looking for a low lag MA (without buying Mark Jurik's excellent
> products) with minimal overshoot have a look at a volatility
> weighted adaptive moving average. As in in all things it depends
on
> what you are trying to achieve.

AVERAGE

> >   David,
> >
> >   Any time you smooth you will introduce lag which in turn will
> lead
> >   to overshoot. Even so the Zero lag can be a good starting
point
> >   develop on. Basically, the indicator uses 2 different moving
> >   averages then adds the difference. There is no reason to
believe
> >   that we can't use something other than exponential moving
> averages.
> >   Nor should we think that we have to be stuck with the time
> frames
> >   that are used. There are literally dozens of ways to design
the
> >   indicator. Give it a try and see what you come up with.
> >
> >   Preston
> >
> >   --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Jennings"
> >   <davidjennings@> wrote:
> >   >
> >   > When comparing this average to others chosen at random, it
> seems
> >   to me to have quite a bit of lag and overshoot.
> >   >
> >   >
> >   > DJ

<*> Your email settings: