[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: DMZ

Adam,

Thanks for the kind words!

In answer to your questions, You should be able to use the indicator
in the explorer although you will need to get rid of any input
options. For instance Period:= Input("ZeroLag Period",1,250,10);
needs to become Period:=10; or whatever value you select.

As far as which DLL you use it shouldn't matter as long as you use
the correct terminology.

The terminology for one is  ExtFml( "Forum.RSI", , )

and the other is ExtFml( "ForumDLL.VarRSI", , )

Best of luck,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "adamp_27" <adamp_27@xxx>
wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > The second part requires that you place the indicator in the
> > Indicator Builder. Copy the indicator code. Open the Builder and
> > press new. Then simply place the code there. Here are the codes
if
> > you need them. The second corrects for a volatility problem.
> >
> > Notice the lines that call an external forum DLL
> > ExtFml( "ForumDLL.VarRSI",......)
> > This is where the DLL is called and used by the indicator. If
you
> > get a problem at the ExtFml line it is usually because the name
is
> > mispelled.
> >

> > Preston
> >

> > {(DMZ)Dynamic Momentum Index}
> > {similar to the Jurik DMX- a lowlag DMI}
> > {written by Preston Umrysh}
> > {This indicator uses Dll software developed by MetaStock Forum
> Crew}
> > {http://forum.equis.com)}
> > Vt:=(Stdev(C,5)/Mov(Stdev(C,5),10,E))*10;
> > Vt:=Max(vt,.0000001);
> > Period:= Input("ZeroLag Period",1,250,10);
> > EMA1:= Mov(C,Period,E);
> > EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,Period,E);
> > Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2;
> > ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference;
> > x:=ZeroLagEMA;
> >  ExtFml( "ForumDLL.VarRSI",x ,vt)
> >

> > {Dynamic Momentum Index (DMI)}
> > {written by Preston Umrysh}
> > {[version2.0] corrects volatility division error}
> > {This indicator uses Dll software developed by MetaStock Forum
> Crew}
> > {http://forum.equis.com)}
> > x:=Input("normal ouput=1 Biplolar index=2",1,2,1);
> > Vt:=(Stdev(C,5)/Mov(Stdev(C,5),10,S))*10;
> > Vt:=Max(vt,.0000001);
> > Umom:=If(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0);
> > Dmom:=If(C<Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C,0);
> > UPS:= ExtFml( "ForumDll.VarSUM", Umom,Vt);
> > DNS:= ExtFml( "ForumDll.VarSUM", Dmom,Vt);
> > SumU:=ExtFml("ForumDll.VarMOV",UPS,Vt,e)/Vt;
> > SumD:=ExtFml("ForumDll.VarMOV",DNS,Vt,e)/Vt;
> > RS:=SumU/SumD;
> > DMnm:=100-(100/(1+RS));
> > DMIn:=(SumU-SumD)/(SumU+SumD);
> > If(x=1,DMnm,DMin); {end}
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "adamp_27" <adamp_27@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > hi Preston,
> > >

> > > this is the steps I 've done
> > >
> > > 1. I download the file from this yahoo finance. there are 2
> file.
> > > the oldest one is from you and the other one is from Roy.
> > >
> > > 2 I follow the step i.e to put the file in the C folder where
> all
> > > Dll function and adds on exist.
> > >
> > > 3. I find that the indicator is not there, I have turned off
but
> > > when I turned on the computer DMZ can not be recognized
although
> > the
> > > file is in C folder
> > >
> > > in metastock indicator builder I have found that one of the
> > fuction
> > > is importing indicator or expert advisor. is this the one that

appreciated

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: