[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: DMZ

Thank you kindly for your assistance. You are a legend!. I got 2
more questions Preston

1. Does this function and this indicator work if I put in the
exploration ?

2. In regards to the second forum dll file that has been posted by
Roy, can I use the formula that was given by you to call the
function from the second file??

Again, I really appreciate your effort and you deserve a credit for
this.

Regards

Adam

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Adam,
>
> There are two parts to this. The DLL and the indicator. The DLL is
> just that...these are functions called up by the indicator code.
> Sounds like you have that part installed.
>
> The second part requires that you place the indicator in the
> Indicator Builder. Copy the indicator code. Open the Builder and
> press new. Then simply place the code there. Here are the codes if
> you need them. The second corrects for a volatility problem.
>
> Notice the lines that call an external forum DLL
> ExtFml( "ForumDLL.VarRSI",......)
> This is where the DLL is called and used by the indicator. If you
> get a problem at the ExtFml line it is usually because the name is
> mispelled.
>

> Preston
>

> {(DMZ)Dynamic Momentum Index}
> {similar to the Jurik DMX- a lowlag DMI}
> {written by Preston Umrysh}
> {This indicator uses Dll software developed by MetaStock Forum
Crew}
> {http://forum.equis.com)}
> Vt:=(Stdev(C,5)/Mov(Stdev(C,5),10,E))*10;
> Vt:=Max(vt,.0000001);
> Period:= Input("ZeroLag Period",1,250,10);
> EMA1:= Mov(C,Period,E);
> EMA2:= Mov(EMA1,Period,E);
> Difference:= EMA1 - EMA2;
> ZeroLagEMA:= EMA1 + Difference;
> x:=ZeroLagEMA;
>  ExtFml( "ForumDLL.VarRSI",x ,vt)
>

> {Dynamic Momentum Index (DMI)}
> {written by Preston Umrysh}
> {[version2.0] corrects volatility division error}
> {This indicator uses Dll software developed by MetaStock Forum
Crew}
> {http://forum.equis.com)}
> x:=Input("normal ouput=1 Biplolar index=2",1,2,1);
> Vt:=(Stdev(C,5)/Mov(Stdev(C,5),10,S))*10;
> Vt:=Max(vt,.0000001);
> Umom:=If(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0);
> Dmom:=If(C<Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C,0);
> UPS:= ExtFml( "ForumDll.VarSUM", Umom,Vt);
> DNS:= ExtFml( "ForumDll.VarSUM", Dmom,Vt);
> SumU:=ExtFml("ForumDll.VarMOV",UPS,Vt,e)/Vt;
> SumD:=ExtFml("ForumDll.VarMOV",DNS,Vt,e)/Vt;
> RS:=SumU/SumD;
> DMnm:=100-(100/(1+RS));
> DMIn:=(SumU-SumD)/(SumU+SumD);
> If(x=1,DMnm,DMin); {end}
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "adamp_27" <adamp_27@>
> wrote:
> >
> > hi Preston,
> >

> > this is the steps I 've done
> >
> > 1. I download the file from this yahoo finance. there are 2
file.
> > the oldest one is from you and the other one is from Roy.
> >
> > 2 I follow the step i.e to put the file in the C folder where
all
> > Dll function and adds on exist.
> >
> > 3. I find that the indicator is not there, I have turned off but
> > when I turned on the computer DMZ can not be recognized although
> the
> > file is in C folder
> >
> > in metastock indicator builder I have found that one of the
> fuction
> > is importing indicator or expert advisor. is this the one that
you
> > mean by inserting indicator
> >

> > regards
> >

> > Adam
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Adam,
> > >
> > > I'm here everyday. If you do not find the indicator in your
list
> > > then its not there.
> > >
> > > Specifically, upload the DLL from the files section. Then open
> > your
> > > indicator builder and insert the indicator. If you get an
error
> > > stating that it does not recognize the DLL restart your
computer
> > and
> > > it should be there.
> > >
> > > If you have anymore problems just let me know.

> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)