[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Interested In buying Metastock

Scott,

Phase 1 and Phase 2 (part of the Investools methodology) is all
about value investing. Maybe that should be value trading instead of
investing. While it may not be buy and hold, it certainly is about
making decisions based on value judgements. Phil Town's book also
supports this philosophy.

I certainly agree about the expense. I also agree about the
education aspects and felt that they did a good job with it.
Although trading is more than making purchases based on the 3
signals they use.

In the end you have to make a decision about the expense versus the
benefit. $12K for the education is a bit steep for my taste. Doesn't
mean its wrong though especially when I beieve it can be done for
far less.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Scott and Sarah Gorman"
<TradingFloor@xxx> wrote:

> Preston,
>
> I am an Investools student, and I am enrolled in their two-year
program.
> Investools has nothing whatsoever to do with value investing.
Value
> investing is the Graham/Buffet buy-and-hold strategy.  The major
focus of
> the Investools program is on educating people how to trade stocks
and
> options.  It's an excellent, although expensive program.  I've
learned a
> great deal over the past seven months and have added MetaStock to
my
> armamentarium, primarily for backtesting trading strategies.
>
> Scott
>
> (On the Trading Floor)
>
> "Don't let the market make a monkey out of you"
>
> Dr. Scott Gorman
> 6340 NE 19th Avenue
> Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
> Tel:  (954) 202-3536
> Fax: (954) 337-0704
> Cell: (954) 288-2020
>
> PLEASE NOTE:  Any attachments to this message have been scanned by
Norton
> AntiVirus and have been found to be free from infection.  Virus
definitions
> are updated daily.
>
> IMPORTANT NOTE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is
intended for the
> use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that
> is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this e-mail is
not the
> intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to
deliver it to
> the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED. If you