[EquisMetaStock Group] System tester

Dear members

I was earlier using Metastock Pro ver 7.21.  Now I have changed over to MS Pro ver 9.1.  I have two problems relating to system testing for which I need your help.

1) I did system testing on a security which has data in 5 min time frame. I get some results.  I tested the same system on the same security in 10 min time frame (after compressing the chart to 10 minutes), and also 15 min time frame(after compresssing the chart to 15 minutes).  I get the same results in all the three tests.  Apparently, the test was performed only on the 5 minutes data in all the three tests.  Can anybody tell, where and how to specify the time frame for testing the same system on the same security but in different time frames.

2) In System Editor, while entering buy /  conditions, we have to specify "Entry Size".  Here I would like to select the "% of Available Equity", and I have specified as 100%.  By this option, the system buys and sells by utilising the entire money in the account.  But, while trading futures, 100% utilisation of fund will not be possible at all times. If the account size is 45000 and the margin money required per contract is 10000, trade size comes to 4.5.  Since fractional contract cannot be traded, I will buy /  sell only 4 contracts. How to specify this as a formula against "Entry Size".  I wanted a formula by which the system will calculate and buy "n" number of contracts  (depending on the money in the account). Can anybody suggest some formula.  Each lot contains 100 shares.

Thanks a lot in advance to all friends.

Peru

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional