[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How was Metastock written? Jose

mytakeismine, charting speed is almost insignificant in the bigger
scheme of things, i.e. trading successfully.  Charting is just a
(almost essential) tool - a broad strategic picture is infinitely
more useful in trading.

> If this program is so slow why haven't they updated it?

MetaStock is not slow - the speed bottleneck is usually somewhere
between the keyboard and chair. ;)

> You said people have left for amibroker were you referring to
> programers or users?

Both.  People leave, new people come all the time.  Real traders seem
to stay behind, so MetaStock has a strong core following there, but
not so strong on the geek side.

> Have you checked out amibroker or written any plugins for that
> program?

I use AmiBroker sometimes, but generally stick to MetaStock as it
much more productive for me.

> Oh what do you think of "ICE"

It seems to be a curve-fitting tool.  Curve-fitting to past results
generally leads to future disappointment.

> I hope my questions don't compromise your position

No compromise - just very short on time, as I'm in the middle of a
very big house move.

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"mytakeismine" <mytakeismine@xxx> wrote:

> [...]
> Have you checked out amibroker or written any plugins for that
> program?
> There are a lot of good plugins for metastock can amibroker compare?
> (Maybe You can't answer thatone)
> Jose I really appreciate you answering my earlyer questions, I just
> bought this and have done a little programming with databases and I
> know some programs don't do global number crunching in a timely
> manner and that is the reason I'm asking. Oh what do you think
> of "ICE"
>
> Hey thanks again
> I hope my questions don't compromise your position
> mytakeismine
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
> <josesilva22@> wrote:
>

>> Are there any geeks that can answer a few questions about some of
>> the newer computer tech and Metastock.
>
> They've all moved on to AmiBroker - only traders left here.  ;)
>

>> 1)Is this a 32 bit or 64 bit program. ie.windows xp 64 benefits?
>
> Glorified 16 bit.
>

>> 2)Does Metastock benefit from dual procs (smp?)
>
> It benefits from half of any dual core processing.
>

>> 3)How memory intensive. (will utilise 1gig 2gig or more)
>
> It will take all the memory you throw at it, and then more.
> And it won't give it back.
>

>> 4)Does Metastock handle all plugins and add-ons equal. (some are
>> written better than others)
>
> Depends - badly written code will not work properly on the best
> software.
> I can only speak for my own plugins - they all work perfectly in
> MetaStock v8.01 or higher:
>
> http://www.metastocktools.com/MACDH/MACDHdiverg.htm
> http://www.metastocktools.com/MACDH/96diverg.htm
> http://www.metastocktools.com/URSC/URSC.htm
> http://www.metastocktools.com/Rev2/Rev2.htm
> http://www.metastocktools.com/ADT/ADT-ASX.htm
>

>> 5)When getting into charts do things slow down. (video card makes
>> a difference)
>
> Sometimes.  Make sure you always have the latest video drivers
> installed in your PC.
>

>> Re: How was Metastock written?
>
> Legend has it that MetaStock was written on a small beer coaster
> during an evening's session at some local drinking hole back in the
> 70's.  Apparently version 0.01 only had one small bug (MeatStock,
> later renamed to MetaStock), but this was corrected and it now has
> many more to choose from.  ;)
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> "mytakeismine" <mytakeismine@> wrote:
>
> Are there any geeks that can answer a few questions about some of
> the newer computer tech and Metastock.
>
> 1)Is this a 32 bit or 64 bit program. ie.windows xp 64 benefits?
> 2)Does Metastock benefit from dual procs (smp?)
> 3)How memory intensive. (will utilise 1gig 2gig or more)
> 4)Does Metastock handle all plugins and add-ons equal. (some are
> written better than others)
> 5)When getting into charts do things slow down. (video card

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)