[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How was Metastock written? Jose

Jose I have checked out other sites in regards to metastock
downloads and or files and have seen your name so I suspect you have
been useing metastock and programing for it for sometime.

If this program is so slow why haven't they updated it?
You said people have left for amibroker were you refering to
programers or users?
Have you checked out amibroker or written any plugins for that
program?
There are a lot of good plugins for metastock can amibroker compare?
(Maybe You can't answer thatone)
Jose I really appreciate you answering my earlyer questions, I just
bought this and have done a little programming with databases and I
know some programs don't do global number crunching in a timely
manner and that is the reason I'm asking. Oh what do you think
of "ICE"

Hey thanks again
I hope my questions don't compromise your position
mytakeismine

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose Silva"
<josesilva22@xxx> wrote:

> > Are there any geeks that can answer a few questions about some of
> > the newer computer tech and Metastock.
>
> They've all moved on to AmiBroker - only traders left here.  ;)
>

> > 1)Is this a 32 bit or 64 bit program. ie.windows xp 64 benefits?
>
> Glorified 16 bit.
>

> > 2)Does Metastock benefit from dual procs (smp?)
>
> It benefits from half of any dual core processing.
>

> > 3)How memory intensive. (will utilise 1gig 2gig or more)
>
> It will take all the memory you throw at it, and then more.
> And it won't give it back.
>

> > 4)Does Metastock handle all plugins and add-ons equal. (some are
> > written better than others)
>
> Depends - badly written code will not work properly on the best
> software.
> I can only speak for my own plugins - they all work perfectly in
> MetaStock v8.01 or higher:
>
> http://www.metastocktools.com/MACDH/MACDHdiverg.htm
> http://www.metastocktools.com/MACDH/96diverg.htm
> http://www.metastocktools.com/URSC/URSC.htm
> http://www.metastocktools.com/Rev2/Rev2.htm
> http://www.metastocktools.com/ADT/ADT-ASX.htm
>

> > 5)When getting into charts do things slow down. (video card
makes a
> > difference)
>
> Sometimes.  Make sure you always have the latest video drivers
> installed in your PC.
>

> > Re: How was Metastock written?
>
> Legend has it that MetaStock was written on a small beer coaster
> during an evening's session at some local drinking hole back in
the
> 70's.  Apparently version 0.01 only had one small bug (MeatStock,
> later renamed to MetaStock), but this was corrected and it now has
> many more to choose from.  ;)
>

> jose '-)
> http://www.metastocktools.com
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> "mytakeismine" <mytakeismine@> wrote:
> >
> > Are there any geeks that can answer a few questions about some of
> > the newer computer tech and Metastock.
> >
> > 1)Is this a 32 bit or 64 bit program. ie.windows xp 64 benefits?
> > 2)Does Metastock benefit from dual procs (smp?)
> > 3)How memory intensive. (will utilise 1gig 2gig or more)
> > 4)Does Metastock handle all plugins and add-ons equal. (some are
> > written better than others)
> > 5)When getting into charts do things slow down. (video card
makes a
> > difference)
> >
> > Thanks for any help
> > mytakeismine