[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: RSI calculation

Ron,

The Genesis of the RSI begins with a directional indicator. It is
simply Close- Ref(Close,-1). Here is a calculation that I like but
keep in mind that there are countless others.

{RSI-Cutlers}
Per1:=Input("Length of RSI",1,100,14);
Umom:=If(C>Ref(C,-1),C-Ref(C,-1),0);
Dmom:=If(C<Ref(C,-1),Ref(C,-1)-C,0);
SumU:=Mov(Sum(Umom,Per1),Per1,E)/Per1;
SumD:=Mov(Sum(Dmom,Per1),Per1,E)/Per1;
RS:=SumU/SumD;
100-(100/(1+RS))

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ron Berlin" <rsb_44@xxx>
wrote:

> The following is in A...Z as the RSI calculation:
>

> 100-(100/(1+(U/D)))
>

> Where
> U = an average of upwward price change
> and
> D = an average of downward price change
>
> My question is how are we getting the average?
>
> Some sources are showing U to be upward price change divided by
number of
> days of period.
> Others show U as Upward price change divided by number of Up days.
> There are others as well.
>
> TIA
> Ron

<*> Your email settings: