[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Unexpected File Format Error

Hello Rvalue,

I agree Equis tech support is the best in the industry. Equis is one
of the rare companies that haven't taken a shredder to tech support as
a way to save money.

I bring them a few of really hard MS issues and in most cases someone
in tech support has at least a decent answer or work around.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rvalue1" <rvalue1@xxx> wrote:

> Just for the record, MS technical support did a great job in
> resolving my issue. My problem was I had MS 9.2 on my desktop and I
> was trying to load MS 9.1 on my laptop and trying to transport
> indicators, explorations and experts from MS 9.2. That and doing
> away with a Read only button, were the key. I want to give Equis
> tech folks a vote of thanks.
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rvalue1" <rvalue1@> wrote:
> >
> > I am running into a problem with Metastock 9.1 Pro with
> Quotecenter
> > giving me a "unexpected File format" error when I try to open up a
> > chart. I am trying to start up Metastock on a new laptop, and copy
> > what I have from my desktop to the laptop. The Import/Export
> function
> > was not working for me. I have been in touch with Equis support
> and
> > will connect with them tomorrow again. We tried copying the Charts
> > folder over and that could have caused the problem, as it started
> > acting up after that. Would appreciate any ideas from users on how
> > delete "Charts" folder and re-create. I tried uninstalling MS and
> > reloading. No luck.
> > It is a bear trying to get Metastock rolling. Just simply trying
> > duplicate my 5 year old desktop onto the laptop. Beginning to
> realize
> > how nice it was having a trouble-free Metastock setup on the
> desktp.
> > MS can be a real pain.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional