[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Ooops. Where did favorites go?

Favorites is not an independent list. It is tied in with Explorations,
and other MS stuff like Experts. If you change anything in favorites,
MS has to rewrite the entire list of explorations, etc. If anything
interrupts that write process the favorites list will disappear.

The MS code platform is very dated and this is one example. The
program needs a complete rewrite and not another patch job. However,
that's not likely to happen.

I keep the list of favorites very small because as it grows it slows
down the processing of explorations and other operations. Favorites
have to be rewritten along with other process like the Exploration
reports so the bigger the favorites file, the slower everything gets.
The history files can be used almost as fast and with less hassle.
They don't get blown away so easily.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "draggiedriver"
<draggiedriver@xxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I was working but had to go out. I shut down MS. When I came back and
> wanted to start working again, I had no favorites available.
>
> That's an embuggerance because I had a list of ~400 stocks I looked at.
> Any ideas greatly appreciated.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: