[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Unexpected File Format Error

Solved the problem late last night. Moved the Charts folder out
to "Empty Recycle Bin" and re-installed MS 9.1 with Quotecenter. it
created the Chart file fresh.
Just a pain to move stuff from one computer to the other. Even when
using different methods to move it - a portable drive or a CD..

I would be interested in hearing about any other people's
experiences in trying to duplicate stuff off one computer to
another. EWhat worked and what did not?

Thanks,
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rvalue1" <rvalue1@xxx> wrote:

> I am running into a problem with Metastock 9.1 Pro with
Quotecenter
> giving me a "unexpected File format" error when I try to open up a
> chart. I am trying to start up Metastock on a new laptop, and copy
> what I have from my desktop to the laptop. The Import/Export
function
> was not working for me. I have been in touch with Equis support
and
> will connect with them tomorrow again. We tried copying the Charts
> folder over and that could have caused the problem, as it started
> acting up after that. Would appreciate any ideas from users on how
> delete "Charts" folder and re-create. I tried uninstalling MS and
> reloading. No luck.
> It is a bear trying to get Metastock rolling. Just simply trying
> duplicate my 5 year old desktop onto the laptop. Beginning to
realize
> how nice it was having a trouble-free Metastock setup on the
desktp.
> MS can be a real pain.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional