[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: special moving averages

Hi,

I believe that (H+L+C)/3 is provided in metastock as TYP().

Various types of weighting factors can be applied to it, e.g. MOV(typ
(),P,F) where P is the number of periods to be used and F is
selected as one of the predefined weighting factors available with
the MOV function.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Al Dina <zebra7860@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I would like to get some help regarding coding some moving
averages. Essentially, I wanted to duplicate the efforts of Mark
Fisher's moving averages which are not typically plotted on either
the High, low or close prices, but an average of ALL THREE values.

>   In other words, if the current bar had a high of 1.20, low of
1.15 and a close of 1.18, the typical moving average would use
either of those values, but I would like to take the average: