[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: special moving averages

=======
Mov Avg
=======
---8<--------------------------

{ (H+L+C)/3 Moving Average v1.0

©Copyright 2005-2006 Jose Silva
For personal use only.
http://www.metastocktools.com }

{ Data Array }
x:=(H+L+C)/3;

{ User inputs }
pds:=Input("Mov Avg periods",1,2600,21);
type:=Input("[1]EMA [2]SMA [3]TmSr [4]Tri [5]Var
[6]Vol [7]Wght",1,7,2);

{ Choose MovAvg type:
1 - Exponential MA
2 - Simple MA
3 - Time Series MA
4 - Triangular MA
5 - Variable MA
6 - Volume adjusted MA
7 - Weighted MA }
ma:=
If(type=1,Mov(x,pds,E),
If(type=2,Mov(x,pds,S),
If(type=3,Mov(x,pds,T),
If(type=4,Mov(x,pds,TRI),
If(type=5,Mov(x,pds,VAR),
If(type=6,Mov(x,pds,VOL),
Mov(x,pds,W)))))));

{ Plot MovAvg on price chart }
ma

---8<--------------------------

jose '-)
http://www.metastocktools.com

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Al Dina
<zebra7860@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to get some help regarding coding some
> moving averages.
> Essentially, I wanted to duplicate the efforts of
> Mark Fisher's moving averages which are not
> typically plotted on either the High, low or close
> prices, but an average of ALL THREE values.
>
> In other words, if the current bar had a high of
> 1.20, low of 1.15 and a close of 1.18, the typical
> moving average would use either of those values, but
> I would like to take the average:
>
> 1.20 + 1.15 + 1.18/3 = 1.176
>
> Then I can simply stipulate the usual " simple" or
> "exponential" or "weighted" etc, and stipulate the
> number of bars.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Al