Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: commodities data

Dear Friends,

Kindly send me the links, where Gold Rates in US$ daily data (OHLC format)
is available

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh
India

David Hunt <adest@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:                                  Ng,

 1. I trade off it as do guys like Larry Williams, Jake Bernstein, Joe
 Ross - from a very good source
 2. Forex I have a different source which is straight from Reuters -
 the dealable interbank prices
 3. Back Adjusted removes the effect of the gaps on roll over. It is
 better for system testing but if you have a longer term hold you need
 to add some extra costs.

 To see its quality you can get 2 years worth of FREE data history on
 futures, US Stocks & Indices, Sing and Aussie Stocks, and forex on
 the Software trial.

 If you go to http://www.liontrader.com and click on the Free Software Box.

 Regards
 David Hunt
 http://www.adest.com.au

 PS I was offering the Spot Continuous to you for free - it goes back
 to 1968 for the grains and contract inception for the other contracts
 via download.

 At 06:14 PM 7/10/2006, you wrote:

 >david,
 >thank you for reply.
 >
 >reliablity of continuous database? (for big picture analysis
 >currently) (and/or future back-test) - for eg, if crude oil spot
 >prices are sourced directly from Nymex, that's reliable enough. i
 >have downloaded some historical forex pairs (EOD) from 2 different
 >sites. But both have slightly different O,H,L,C.
 >
 >what's back adjusted contracts - i'm currently appending data for
 >each spot month though i'm considering changing to 3rd month as spot
 >volume is low at expiry; i'm also looking to eliminate chart
 >distortions at contract month changes due to gap-up.
 >
 >w rgds,

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: