Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Help - Metastock coding ?

Hi Eric, Wabbit

If I am interpreting the original question correctly this is how I would code it. (The question was somewhat ambiguous and that probably explains why 3 different people have each come up with a different interpretation of what was meant.)

Cum(C>REF(C,-1));

You could check this over 1000 bars by also checking results from

Cum(C<REF(C,-1)); and
Cum(C=REF(C,-1));

Summing all three values on the last bar should give 999 (you'd need to scan 1001 bars to count a total of 1000 events). Don't forget that securities with less than 1000 bars of history will also produce  a lower total so a fourth exploration column with Cum(1) would also be a good idea.

Cum(1);

I may also have misunderstood the question in which case this solution will be no closer to what you need.

Regards

Roy
www.metastocktips.co.nz